Slip and fall accidents can lead to long-lasting medical issues and considerable financial loss. Though many people believe they may have a clear-cut case against a property owner, many legal obstacles and several defendants can make proving negligence very hard.
The insurance adjusters will push back or may even try to blame your accident on you. All of these issues can put your claim at risk or force you to lose out on compensation. This is why having a qualified legal team on your side is so important.
If you have been injured and wish to seek compensation, the Delphi, IN, personal injury lawyers of Vaughan & Vaughan may be able to help. We understand the complexities of these cases and negotiate aggressively with property owners and insurance companies.
Do I Really Need a Personal Injury Attorney for a Slip and Fall Claim?
If you experience a slip and fall injury, it is understandable to want to pursue a personal injury claim on your own. Filing on your own is possible, but it can be a challenging process requiring more focus, dedication, and legal knowledge than many realize.
A property owner, their insurance company, and their legal team are likely to fight your case if the fault is not clearly established. This is why it’s important for injury victims to consider getting legal representation when dealing with the aftermath of a mishap.
What Will a Lawyer for a Slip and Fall in Delphi Cost?
If you are considering filing a slip and fall case, a skilled personal injury attorney can be of great assistance. Our firm’s attorneys offer free consultations in which they review the facts of your situation and determine if you have a viable case.
Furthermore, we take on these types of cases on a contingency basis, allowing you to pursue a legal claim without fear of upfront costs or financial risk. If your attorney can successfully secure a settlement for you, they will receive payment from that amount.
How Can a Lawyer Help?
Apart from pursuing compensation, an experienced personal injury lawyer can also help with proving your case and negotiating with insurance companies. This can help to maximize the financial compensation you recover.
A Delphi slip and fall lawyer with our firm can help your claim by working to build your claim and taking some of the burdens off of you. Some benefits of having a lawyer include:
- We work with experts such as medical professionals, accident reconstructionists, specialists, and engineers in order to build an effective presentation for the courts.
- We use their knowledge of the law and past precedent in order to negotiate with insurance companies for the best possible settlement terms and conditions for you.
- We handle all contact with insurance companies, adjustors, opposing counsel, and all other parties involved
- We act as your advocate throughout the process, giving you sound legal advice and advocating your rights before insurance companies or in court.
- We will be responsible for researching relevant laws, looking at the evidence available that may support or refute your claim, talking with witnesses if needed, and investigating the property owner’s history of maintenance issues or prior accident reports.
- We can file local motions and lawsuits if necessary and appear on your behalf in court proceedings – all while keeping you apprised of developments in the case.
Hiring a Delphi lawyer for your slip and fall claim can take the pressure off you so you can concentrate on healing from your injuries and save you from any legal pitfalls.
Calculating Damages in a Slip and Fall Claim in Indiana
It is important to prove your losses in order to recover compensatory damages if a negligent property owner has caused harm or injury. Calculating the full extent of such damage can be a tricky task, though.
It involves calculating past, present, and future losses that may have been suffered due to the negligence of another. Many people have no legal knowledge and so trying to accurately calculate these damages can be confusing and time-consuming.
A Delphi slip and fall lawyer will have access to professional resources along with experience and knowledge of the law to analyze damages. This will ensure that you receive full compensation for any losses suffered because another was negligent.
Some of the damages we may pursue include:
- Medical costs: Medical expenses, hospital bills, mobility aids, and all other costs associated with the treatment of your injuries will be pursued.
- Lost income: Your slip and fall injury lawyer in Delphi can calculate and pursue your lost wages due to missed work and a decrease in earning capacity due to the injury.
- Property damage: if any of your personal belongings were damaged in the accident, we can claim damages for repair or replacement.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering damages are designed to compensate injury victims for the physical and emotional trauma caused by the accident.
- Loss of consortium: If an injured spouse is unable to provide their partner with the usual level of affection, comfort, assistance, support, companionship, or intimacy, we can pursue damages for the loss of consortium
Negligence Can Lead to Slip and Fall Injuries
Slip and fall accidents can cause serious harm and can be caused by various conditions. If a property owner or manager doesn’t take steps to correct the hazard or post warnings of the hazard, they may be held liable. Some common causes of slip and falls include:
- Wet or improperly maintained floors
- Torn carpet
- Ice and snow
- Inadequate lighting
- Debris in walkways
- Uneven surfaces
- Broken stairs
- Loose handrails
Property owners should be aware of these risks and take steps to address them to prevent accidents. While having dangerous conditions present does not automatically make the property owner liable, a personal injury lawyer can investigate to determine if negligence was a factor in your fall.
Contact a Slip and Fall Accident Law Firm in Delphi for a No-Cost Case Evaluation
Slip and fall accidents can have serious consequences depending on the individual, and if you’ve been hurt, you should not have to bear the costs. You can pursue compensation for your losses under Indiana premises liability laws.
Contact Vaughan & Vaughan to learn how we may be able to help you in a free consultation.