If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, you’re probably facing a number of physical, psychological, and financial difficulties. An adept motorcycle accident lawyer can assist with that. Our knowledgeable motorcycle wreck attorneys in Whitestown, IN, can help you navigate legal protocol, fight for your rights, and pursue a fair settlement.
With the help of a personal injury lawyer, you can concentrate on getting better while leaving the legal issues in the hands of Vaughan & Vaughan, who are committed to getting the best result for you.
If you’ve been offered an unfair settlement amount, are worried about what to do after a motorcycle accident, or need to know how much your case could be worth, we can assist with each concern. Our legal team will allow you to rest easy while we manage the insurance company, other parties, and the complexities of an Indiana motorcycle crash claim.
Preparing for a Case Evaluation With Your Attorney
Whether this is your first time hiring an attorney or you are brushing up on new ways to find the right lawyer, preparing for your initial consultation lays the foundation for client-attorney relationships.
We want you to feel empowered and confident that you are making an informed decision after our session, so to help you feel prepared, here are some sample questions that you can ask your personal injury lawyer:
- What is the success rate of your Whitestown, IN, motorcycle accident lawyers?
- Does your firm refer accident victims to a medical specialist?
- Will my bike accident case require me to go to court?
- What defenses will the other party raise, and what do we have to prove them wrong?
- How frequently will you communicate with me regarding the status of my case?
In speaking with us, we will discuss these questions and any that come up after going over the facts of your case.
Elements that May Increase Your Motorcycle Accident Settlement
Many variables impact your injury settlement amount. Any reputable motorcycle collision lawyer in Whitestown, IN, will tell you that these seven elements greatly affect the final value of your lawsuit award:
- Injury severity: The settlement sum is likely to be larger if you suffered severe wounds, such as a brain injury, spinal cord injury, or lifelong handicap.
- Medical costs: The more medical costs there are, the greater the chance there is of a higher settlement offer. This covers not only the initial medical costs but any subsequent costs for things like prescription drugs, rehabilitation, and physical therapy.
- Loss of wages: If you experience a reduction or loss of income as a result of the accident, the amount that you lost and could lose in the future will be weighed towards your settlement.
- Non-economic losses: Damages for pain and suffering are intended to compensate for the victim’s bodily and mental suffering due to the accident. While this can be harder to prove, if proven by a specialist or expert, it will increase the value of your settlement.
- Fault: If the collision was solely the responsibility of the other motorist, this generally results in a higher settlement offer.
- Limits of insurance policies: The settlement amount may also depend on the extent of the insurance coverage. The victim can be eligible for a larger payout if the at-fault driver has a higher insurance policy limit.
This list is not exhaustive of the potential ways to maximize your motorcycle accident case. If any accident-related expenses do not fall under the umbrella of any of the categories listed, mention this to your attorney. A full compensation package is meant to cover all of your expenses incurred since becoming injured.
Certain Statutes Can Reduce or Eliminate Your Possibility of Collecting Compensation
Understanding the factors that reduce your capacity to collect compensation is equally vital. The following factors must be taken into account when determining how much you are owed following a motorcycle collision in Indiana:
The Statute of Limitations
The amount of time you have to file a property damage or personal injury claim is limited by the statute of limitations, which varies from state to state. If you submit your damage claims before the statute expires, your case will go through the legal system, and compensation may be awarded for your qualified losses. Check with your bike wreck lawyer to learn your deadline.
Comparative Versus Contributory Negligence
Each of these negligence doctrines differs from state to state, just as the statute of limitations does. According to the rule of contributory negligence, a victim cannot be held solely accountable for the accident in order to receive compensation. Comparative negligence, on the other hand, compares the degree of each party’s negligence to determine a proportionate settlement.
You will learn which doctrine affects your settlement award with the assistance of an experienced legal team, allowing you to proceed as necessary.
Settlement Waiting Periods and Fees
A motorcycle injury lawsuit does not often have a defined resolution period. Your attorneys will typically wait until you are in a stable state before estimating how long the litigation may last and the total amount of compensation that will be required. Although we are unable to give a certain timeframe for finishing your motorcycle accident claim, we will give regular updates.
The legal fees associated with filing a personal injury claim can vary. The pricing structure is set by the firm of your Whitestown, IN, motorcycle collision lawyer. Our firm runs on a contingency fee basis and does not require any upfront costs. You will never be billed before your case is won. Instead, a percentage will be deducted from the awarded amount.
We’ll Help Fight for the Settlement You Deserve!
Motorcycle crashes frequently result in fatalities or total losses. If you survived, you are one of the lucky ones and deserve to have your accident expenses handled by the at-fault party. Let the motorcycle accident lawyers of Whitestown, IN, provide you with the comprehensive legal support that gets results.
The legal professionals at Vaughan & Vaughan are happy to meet with you during a complimentary introductory session where your case will be examined for eligibility and settlement value. Contact us when you are ready to win the financial restitution that you rightfully deserve.