Compared to vehicle crash cases, truck accident cases are typically more complicated. You might think that the collision was solely the truck driver’s responsibility. But, you may need to hold multiple parties accountable for your losses and injuries.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a truck accident, you are probably in pain and considering your options. A Delphi personal injury lawyer at Vaughan & Vaughan can make sure that all of the parties who can be held accountable are identified, fight for the highest amount of compensation, and allow you to concentrate on recovery.
As you concentrate on getting well or caring for a family member who was hurt in an accident that was not your fault, we can handle every element of your case.
Proving Negligence in a Truck Accident Case
In order to prove that a trucker’s company should pay for your injuries after an accident, we will need to compile considerable proof of their wrongdoing. In the majority of auto accidents, we have the following evidence:
- Photos, video, and physical evidence from the scene
- Your medical records
- Police reports
- Documentation of property damage to the vehicles
- Eyewitness testimony
- Accident reconstruction expert testimony
Further Proof of Negligence
There is also additional evidence in cases involving truck accidents. This proof originates from the state and federal motor carrier regulations that truck drivers are obligated to adhere to. An experienced truck accident attorney serving Delphi will have knowledge of these laws.
Service hours, rest breaks, truck maintenance inspections, and other crucial information must be recorded in paper and digital records maintained by truck drivers and trucking businesses. If we are able to request it shortly after your accident, we will be able to use it to bolster your case.
Sending a spoliation letter to secure this evidence is one of the first things we do after accepting your request to handle your truck accident case. The trucking firm is informed of your claim in this letter, and they are compelled to keep certain evidence, including the following:
- Maintenance and inspection logs
- Driver logs
- EDR Data
- Post-accident toxicology reports
- Documentation of damage to the truck
- Employment and driving records of the driver
A truck accident case is more complex than a car accident. It’s critical to work with a lawyer who understands federal and state trucking regulations to ensure that all sources of liability can be found.
Though the cause of an accident can seem obvious at first, there may be underlying factors at play. A lawyer can investigate these details to ensure that all negligent parties are held accountable.
Delphi Truck Accident Lawyers Committed to Fighting for Your Compensation
Injuries sustained in a truck accident can be long-lasting, necessitating ongoing treatment. In addition to making it impossible to go back to work, severe injuries might also hinder your ability to earn as much as you did before the accident.
You shouldn’t have to pay for your injuries out of pocket. The negligent trucking firm and its insurance company may be held liable for the following costs:
- Current costs for treatment of your injuries, including visits to the doctor, hospital stays, prescriptions, and surgical procedures
- Future medical costs, including in-home assistance and rehabilitation therapy
- Property damages to repair or replace your vehicle
- Compensation for lost wages, perks, vacation, sick, and bonus pay
- Diminished earning capacity to compensate for the difference between your pre-injury income and your current wages
- Accessibility improvements within your home, such as ramps and wider doorways for those who use wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering to compensate you for injuries you have endured
- Scarring and disfigurement to compensate for the existing or potential impact the change in your appearance can have on your life
- Loss of enjoyment of life if you can no longer participate in activities or hobbies you once loved
This list is not exhaustive. Our team can review the specifics of your case to itemize and set a dollar amount for each one of the losses you assert in your claim. Your Delphi truck accident attorney will fight to collect the maximum compensation so you can begin rebuilding your life.
If You’ve Been in a Truck Accident, Our Team Will Work Tirelessly to Help You Build Your Case
Hiring a Delphi semi truck accident attorney from our firm means you’ll have access to a group of professionals who will work together to make your case.
Instead of worrying about the details, you can be sure that we will take care of everything so that you can focus on getting healthy. We can handle your case from start to finish, and that includes taking care of things like:
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your case
- Aggressively negotiating with the insurance company for a fair and just settlement
- Investigating the root cause of the crash
- taking care of all communication with related parties
- Thoroughly evaluating the current and future costs of your damages
- Taking legal action and providing legal representation
Everything we do is geared toward helping you achieve your objectives. To us, you are more than a file or number. At Vaughan and Vaughan, we give every client the personalized attention and service they deserve.
Contact a Delphi, Indiana Truck Accident Law Firm to Find Out How We Can Help You
You shouldn’t have to bear the financial, physical, or emotional stress on your own if you or a loved one was hurt in a truck accident that wasn’t your fault. While you heal and recover from the accident, a lawyer can look into your case, compile a strong claim, and negotiate a just settlement with the insurance company.
You could be eligible to get compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages. At Vaughan & Vaughan, we know how devastating a truck accident can be for both a person’s physical and mental health.
Our personal injury attorneys have decades of combined experience fighting for the rights of accident victims. Contact us today to learn how we can maximize the compensation you receive.