Having your life uprooted by an injury is already challenging, and many injuries’ recovery time can be lengthy. Many people lose out on much-needed income because they are unable to physically return to work. To maximize your claim’s payout, you may want to see an attorney.
The Delphi personal injury lawyers of Vaughan & Vaughan have spent their careers advocating for people like you, so they understand the difficulties you may face as a victim of personal injury.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, you don’t have to take on insurance companies and lawyers by yourself. We are ready to defend your rights and fight for the maximum compensation possible.
What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim can be filed when someone sustains physical or mental harm as the result of an accident that was caused by the negligence of another party. In many cases, those who have been harmed due to the carelessness of others are entitled to financial compensation.
There are many potential sources of personal injury claims, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall claims
- Premises liability claims
- Wrongful death
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
The negligent party’s insurance company is often involved in negotiated out-of-court settlements. Nevertheless, insurance companies aren’t always helpful, and you might not be compensated for your losses and injuries.
You may avoid having to settle for less than you deserve by working with a personal injury attorney in Delphi. We can help you navigate the insurance claims process and protect your interests.
What Evidence Do I Need to Prove Negligence?
You need convincing evidence to support your arguments if you want to win your case.
Evidence can easily be lost, tampered with, cleared away, or damaged in the moments following an accident.
Consult an attorney as soon as possible to protect yourself from being treated unfairly and to preserve any evidence that may be relevant to your case.
Some examples of common types of physical evidence that could be valuable depends on the cause of your accident. Evidence can include:
- Items or vehicle components that were flawed or defective
- Video or stills taken by a security camera, dash cam, or a member of the public
- The data stored in a vehicle’s “black box” or Event Data Recorder (EDR)
- Photos showing damaged stairs, bad lighting, or a handrail missing
- Physical evidence like broken car parts
- Medical records
- Bloodstained or torn clothing
- Tire tracks or road divots made by tires
- Verified testimony from an eyewitness
The success or failure of your claim may rest on the evidence you present and how well you present it. A knowledgeable personal injury attorney in Delphi will establish a chain of custody detailing where any pertinent evidence is kept and documenting its storage location to ensure its inclusion in court.
How Long does a Personal Injury Case Take to Resolve?
One of the concerns you may have when thinking about bringing a claim for personal injury is the length of time it could take. The complexity of each event varies, making it exceedingly difficult to predict.
Given that, in most circumstances, both parties wish to avoid the expense of going to court, having legal representation may help move things along more quickly.
If you consult with a personal injury lawyer in Delphi early on, you may be able to get the insurance company to cooperate and move the process along without resorting to legal action.
We Handle Every Aspect of Your Case from Start to Finish
In many personal injury cases, the injury victim is dealing with pain, financial stress, and intensive medical treatments. They may not have the energy or time necessary to ensure a successful outcome to their claim.
A personal injury attorney can handle legal matters and relieve the pressure of paperwork, phone calls, and legal deadlines, so you have time to heal.
An attorney can aid your case by
- Addressing your questions and delivering updates that are unique to your case
- Completing and filing all documentation in a timely manner to protect your right to claim
- Evaluating your losses and damages thoroughly to ensure you pursue the full amount of your damages
- Collecting evidence of your damages, determining who was at fault, and identifying all sources of liability
- Project the cost of any future medical needs by collaborating with economists and healthcare professionals
- Representing your interests while communicating with opposing counsel and insurance companies
- Constructing a legal strategy and representing you in court if necessary
A Personal Injury Lawyer in Delphi Can Help You Get the Most Money Possible for Your Claim
It can create long-term financial difficulties if you are forced to pay for your own injuries and losses after an accident. If you were hurt in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you deserve aggressive legal representation that will work to get you fully compensated for your losses.
The following are common forms of damages sought in personal injury claims:
- Medical expenses and future medical costs related to the accident
- Loss of wages and future earning potential
- Property damage
- Psychological and emotional trauma
- Medical devices and accessibility alterations to your home
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Because these claims are often complex and may involve multiple attorneys or insurance companies, it can be challenging to prove the value of your claim on your own. The best approach to show the merit of your claim is to seek the skilled aid of a personal injury attorney in Delphi.
Contact a Personal Injury Law Firm in Delphi Today
Vaughan & Vaughan understands that you are in a challenging circumstance, which is why we take an active approach to every claim. We take pride in our dedication to serving the needs of those who have been injured due to the negligence of others.
Your financial recovery is of utmost importance to us. You can be certain that your case is handled by professionals committed to helping you achieve the best possible outcome. For a free case evaluation, contact us today and find out how we can help