Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Kokomo Who Fight For You
Proudly representing injured people since 1913
Motorcycle accidents involving other vehicles often result in serious injuries. Because motorcyclists don’t have seatbelts or protection other than a helmet, many motorcyclists sustain severe injuries in bad motorcycle accidents.
If your accident was caused by another driver, it’s important that you take action right away to protect your rights and your health. Have a doctor examine you as soon as possible after your accident. Then contact our law firm. One of our experienced attorneys at Vaughan & Vaughan in Kokomo can help you every step of the way.
Founded in 1913, our law firm has more than a century of experience standing up for the rights of injury victims and their families in Howard County and throughout Indiana. When it comes to motorcycle crashes caused by other drivers, we know what evidence to look for, what questions to ask and how to build strong legal cases designed to succeed. You can count on us.
Why do motorcycle accidents happen in Kokomo?
Motorcycle accidents in Kokomo caused by other drivers happen for many different reasons. In general, it’s often because drivers “don’t see” motorcyclists or do not share the road safely with motorcyclists.
Just because a driver doesn’t see a motorcyclist doesn’t mean they’re not at fault. In many cases, drivers cause motorcycle accidents due to reckless or negligent behavior, including speeding, changing lanes without warning and not paying attention behind the wheel. In particular, many distracted drivers, including texting drivers, cause serious collisions.
Whatever the cause of your accident, make sure you have a lawyer on your side who can thoroughly investigate your case. That way, you can demand the money you deserve for your medical bills, replacement income and other accident-related expenses.
What if I am wrongly blamed for causing the crash?
Even if another driver clearly caused your accident, don’t be surprised if you get blamed for causing the collision. Many motorcyclists are often found to be at fault for collisions caused by other drivers. That’s because some people believe all motorcyclists are risk takers who don’t respect the rules of the road. Unfortunately, insurance companies often agree with them and place the blame on innocent motorcyclists.
We know the truth. We know that most motorcyclists are the victims in such cases. It’s other drivers behaving recklessly on the road that cause accidents. So what should you do if this happens to you? What if you are wrongly blamed for caused a crash caused by another driver?
Hire our law firm to handle your case. Our lawyers can investigate your motorcycle accident and find the evidence you need to build a strong legal case. We can review your official Indiana Officer’s Standard Crash Report, track down witnesses if possible and consult with accident reconstruction experts if necessary. We know the challenges motorcyclists often face and we’re prepared to tackle them for you.
What are my options after my motorcycle accident?
Each motorcycle accident often has its own unique characteristics. In many cases, motorcyclists have several options available to them, particularly when it comes to obtaining the financial compensation they need and deserve for their accident expenses. Such options often include:
- Accept a settlement offer – The at-fault driver’s insurance company may make an offer soon after your accident to settle your case. While it may be tempting to accept their offer, many insurance companies often make lowball offers that do not cover all accident expenses.
- Negotiate a better offer – If you believe you deserve more money for your motorcycle accident, your lawyer can try to negotiate a better settlement offer with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- File a lawsuit – In certain cases, the driver’s insurance company might deny your accident claim or say you were somehow at fault. When this happens, filing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver’s insurance company may be the best way to demand the money you deserve.
- Appeal your case – If your lawsuit ends up not being successful in court, you have the right to appeal your case to a higher court.
Don’t underestimate the complexity of your motorcycle accident. Make sure you talk to a lawyer who can help you explore all your legal options.
How a lawyer at our firm can help you
We know the challenges motorcyclists injured in an accident face. That’s because we have years of experience handling such claims. When you have our law firm on your side, we can help you take a stand and demand the money you deserve for medical bills, lost income and other accident expenses. As your lawyer, we can:
- Thoroughly investigate your motorcycle accident.
- Deal directly with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Negotiate the best possible settlement offer on your behalf.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf if your settlement offer is too low or denied.
You didn’t do anything wrong. You shouldn’t have to pay for another driver’s mistakes. Discover what our dedicated legal team can do for you. Contact us and schedule a free consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer our law firm’s Kokomo office. We’re conveniently located on North Washington Street a few blocks away from the Howard County Courthouse.