Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers in Anderson You Can Count On
We can file a lawsuit or handle your injury claim in Madison County
No one expects to get hurt when they go to a store, restaurant or step foot on someone else’s property in Anderson, Indiana. Unfortunately, accidents happen all the time that result in serious injuries. In many cases, these injuries occur due to someone else’s negligent or reckless actions.
When this happens, it’s important to take certain steps to project your rights. Otherwise, you might not get the money you deserve for your accident-related expenses, including emergency medical care at Community Hospital Anderson ER or another medical facility. That’s why it’s critical that you talk to an Anderson attorney who can help guide you through the injury claim process every step of the way.
For more than a century, injury victims and their families have relied on the knowledge and expertise of the lawyers at Vaughan & Vaughan. Founded in 1913, our law firm can help you demand the financial compensation you need for your personal injury claim. We understand how the legal system works in Madison County. We know how to find evidence to support your claim. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success. Case results matter here.
What are common personal injury accidents?
Personal injury accidents can cover a wide range. The one thing they have in common is the negligent or reckless actions of another person resulted in an accident. Some of the most common types of personal injury accidents in Anderson include:
- Slip and fall accidents due to dangerous or hazardous conditions that could have been prevented, including water left on the floor, uneven pavement, ice left on a sidewalk, poor lighting in a parking lot or another public place like a restaurant or store on Scatterfield Road or another busy street.
- Premises liability cases involving injuries sustained on someone else’s property. These complex legal cases require evidence that an existing, dangerous condition on the property caused an injury accident. Unmarked hazards due to neglect or poor maintenance are common examples, especially at public places like retail stores and swimming pools.
- Injuries on college campuses, including serious injuries sustained by students or employees at Anderson University or another educational institution.
- Wrongful death lawsuits or claims due to a fatal accident caused by someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior.
There are many other types of personal injury accidents. Whatever the circumstances of your injury, make sure you take your case seriously right from the start. Make sure you talk to a lawyer who understands how the legal system works and who can guide you through the claims process or take legal action on your behalf if necessary.
How much is my injury claim worth?
There’s no set dollar amount when it comes to personal injury claims. Similar accidents might be worth very different amounts. Some injury claims might be worth thousands of dollars. Others might turn out to be worth significantly more.
The bottom line is you should be financially compensated for all of your injury expenses. This is because Indiana has a fault-based insurance system. That means the at-fault party is responsible for compensating injury victims for all their accident expenses.
What many people might not realize is just how many expenses should be covered by their injury claim. It’s not just short-term expenses like medical care at St. Vincent Anderson Hospital emergency room or another medical facility. You deserve to be compensated for long-term expenses years after your accident, as long as such expenses are due to your injury.
As a result, accident-related expenses can cover a wide range, including:
- All past, present and future medical care related to your injury, including surgery, physical therapy, follow-up doctor’s appointments, in-home medical care and prescription medications
- Pain and suffering in certain circumstances
- Property damaged in your accident
- Replacement income if you can’t work and need time to recover from your accident
- Lost future income if you can’t return to work due to a permanent disability
Make sure you take your personal injury claim seriously right from the start. Talk to an experienced attorney who can analyze your case and provide an accurate estimate for how much your claim could potentially be worth.
What are my options?
If you sustained an injury due to someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior, you often have several options available for obtaining the financial compensation you deserve for your injury claim. Such options often include:
- Accept a settlement offer from the at-fault party’s insurance company
- Ask for more money or negotiate a better settlement offer
- File a lawsuit or take other legal action, especially if the at-fault party’s insurance company refuses to negotiate or acts in bad faith
Many people are tempted to take a settlement offer from an insurance company soon after an accident. Bills can add up fast and a check that covers them can seem like the perfect solution. But it’s important to understand that once you accept a settlement offer, you often cannot ask for more money in the future, even if your long-term accident-related expenses turn out to be significantly higher.
If you do decide to file a lawsuit or take other legal action, be prepared for a tough legal fight with the at-fault party’s insurance company. The property owner may even hire a lawyer to defend their actions and deny your claim. This is why it’s important to have a lawyer on your side. When you have an experienced attorney working for you, you can set the agenda and make a strong case in support of your injury claim.
Demand the money you deserve for your injury. Contact our law firm in Anderson.
The clock is running after your injury. In Indiana, you only have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit or take other legal action. This deadline is known as the statute of limitations. If you miss this deadline, you could miss out on your only opportunity to get the money you deserve for your accident.
We understand the urgency and the seriousness of your injury claim. That’s why we want to meet with you right away. One of our skilled attorneys can review your case with you and explain the best approach for demanding the money you deserve. We’ll then get right to work on your case, whether it’s reviewing inspection reports, demanding access to security camera footage or other important evidence.
Demand justice after your injury accident. Contact us and schedule a free consultation at our Anderson office about your personal injury claim. We’re conveniently located on Columbus Avenue near East 38th Street.