Since cyclists don’t have the protection that enclosed vehicles offer, they can suffer severe and sometimes catastrophic injuries when struck by a car. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a bike crash, you’ll need an experienced Anderson personal injury lawyer to help you get your medical bills reimbursed and lost wages replaced.
Vaughan and Vaughan has represented car, truck, bus, and bike accident victims since the firm was established in 1913. Our attorneys have handled countless bike crash cases and can use their experience to get you the damages you’re owed. Schedule a free initial consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer in Anderson, Indiana, today to get started on your case.
How Our Firm Can Help You Recover from a Bike Accident
Our bicycle accident attorneys in Anderson, Indiana, are familiar with the steps involved in filing bike collision claims and lawsuits. They’ll take the following actions and measures to improve your chances of receiving fair compensation for your losses:
Investigate Your Collision
To file a successful claim, you’ll need enough evidence to prove that the offending driver caused the accident you were involved in. Our team can collect footage and photos of the collision, accident reports, witness testimony, and other forms of evidence to strengthen your claim.
Our lawyers have worked on a handful of different bike accident cases in the past. They have the skills and resources to prove liability for collisions caused by:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Road rage
- Defective vehicle part
- Failure to yield
- Improper turning
- And other negligent driving behaviors
Fight for the Damages You’re Owed
Bicycle crashes can impact many different aspects of the victim’s life. If you’ve suffered injuries in a biking accident, you could need several different forms of compensation to support your physical recovery and get back to your normal life.
An Anderson, Indiana, bicycle accident lawyer can determine which damages you require and how much you should receive from a claim overall. Once they’ve calculated your settlement value, they’ll pursue the following damages on your behalf:
- Medical bills: These damages can be used to pay for the medical care, surgeries, medications, assistive devices, and prescription medications you need to treat your injuries.
- Lost wages: Bike accident victims often have to take weeks off from work to receive treatment and heal from their injuries. These damages can help you stay financially stable while you’re unable to work and earn money.
- Property damage: If your bike or personal belongings were damaged in the collision, a bicycle accident lawyer in Anderson, Indiana, can seek compensation to pay for repairs or replacements.
- Decreased earning ability: Sadly, many bike crash victims are left with permanent impairments and disabilities that prevent them from working in their desired capacity. If your injuries are stopping you from working or have forced you to switch to a job that pays less, these damages can make up for your decrease in earnings.
- Pain and suffering: Bike collision injuries can cause serious back pain, neck pain, and discomfort in other parts of the body. Fortunately, these damages can help you cope with the physical suffering you’ve been forced to experience.
- Emotional distress: Emotional distress is common among cyclists who’ve experienced traumatic and life-threatening accidents. If you’re dealing with emotional issues, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or anxiety after a collision, our firm can get you compensated.
- Decreased quality of life: Long-term injuries and mental side effects from an accident can stop you from living life to the fullest. If that’s the case for you, these damages can help you cope with the decreased quality of life you’re dealing with.
Meet Indiana’s Filing Requirements
When you’re filing a lawsuit for losses caused by a bike accident, you’ll have to comply with Indiana law. Under Indiana Code § 34-11-2-4, your suit must be filed no later than two years after the date of your collision. Lawsuits filed even a few days after the state deadline can be thrown out, leaving the plaintiff with no other path to financial recovery.
Luckily, our bicycle accident lawyers from Anderson, Indiana, are aware of all the laws and deadlines that apply to your case. They’ll make sure your suit is compliant, so you don’t have to worry about losing your right to compensation.
Why Our Firm Is the Right Choice for Your Case
If you’re pursuing damages after a serious bike accident, you’ve got a lot on the line. To make sure you get the most compensation possible, you’ll want to hire a trusted attorney who has what it takes to win your case. Our firm has the knowledge and capability to deliver the results you’re looking for.
Here’s why Vaughan and Vaughan is the right choice for you:
Our firm has helped wrongfully injured individuals get the compensation they deserve for over a century. During that time, we’ve gained experience that few law firms can say they have. Our Anderson bicycle accident lawyers can leverage their experience and legal knowledge to secure a high-value settlement or court verdict for you.
The first rule of hiring an attorney is to never work with a lawyer who keeps their past case results private. Our firm is proud of the settlements and verdicts we’ve won in the past. We work hard for our clients and believe that sharing our case results will show you what we’re capable of.
We know how difficult it can be to pay for accident-related expenses while also missing out on income due to debilitating injuries. That’s why our lawyers don’t believe in adding to clients’ financial stress by charging fees for consultations or legal services.
We offer free, no-obligation consultations and represent clients on a contingency fee basis. Instead of charging you upfront or out-of-pocket for our advocacy and advice, we’ll take a portion of the compensation you get from your case. If you don’t win, you won’t pay!
Contact a Dedicated Bicycle Accident Attorney in Anderson Today
At Vaughan and Vaughan, our lawyers are committed to helping accident victims like you get the support and financial remedies they need to treat their injuries and get back to work. If we agree to take on your case, we’ll work tirelessly to hold the at-fault party liable for the bills and suffering you’ve been burdened with.
Contact a bicycle accident lawyer in Anderson, Indiana, today to schedule a free consultation and find out if you’re eligible to file a claim. We look forward to hearing from you soon!