Anderson Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Fighting For You
We can handle your injury claim or file a lawsuit on your behalf
Motorcycle accidents might seem straightforward, especially if another driver clearly caused your accident in Anderson, Indiana. Many motorcycle crashes often turn out to be complicated legal cases for many different reasons. This is why it’s critical that you have an experienced attorney on your side that will fight for your rights.
Our dedicated legal team at Vaughan & Vaughan can help you every step of the way. Founded in 1913, our law firm has an in-depth understanding of how the legal system works in Madison County and throughout Indiana. We know the law. We know which strategies can be the most effective. As a result, we can work with you and build the strongest possible legal case based on your specific circumstances. You can count on us when it matters most.
Why do motorcycle accidents happen?
Motorcyclists often get blamed for causing collisions involving other vehicles. The reality is other drivers are often to blame. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents caused by other drivers in Anderson include:
- Drivers who change lanes or turn without looking, especially at busy intersections like West 14th Street and Madison Avenue.
- Distracted drivers, whether it’s adjusting the radio, looking up directions or eating while driving.
- Texting drivers, even though it’s against the law in Indiana.
- Reckless or aggressive drivers who tailgate, swerve in and out of traffic, run red lights and engage in other dangerous behavior on Ohio Avenue and other busy roads.
- Speeding drivers who go too fast and don’t have time to stop or avoid a collision on highways like I-69 or South Scatterfield Road.
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Drivers who fall asleep at the wheel and cause head-on collisions or other types of crashes on Columbus Avenue or other busy roads.
Whatever the circumstances of your accident, don’t underestimate the complexity of your legal case. Make sure you talk to a lawyer as soon as possible after your motorcycle crash.
What can I be compensated for?
If another driver caused your motorcycle accident, you should be financially compensated for all your accident-related expenses. This is because Indiana has a fault-based insurance system. That means you are entitled to receive compensation for all your accident expenses.
What many people might not realize is such expenses can cover a wide range. Most people only take into account short-term expenses immediately after an accident like emergency medical care St. Vincent Anderson Hospital or another medical facility. You should be compensated for all your accident expenses, even if long-term expenses arise years from now. Expenses you deserve to be compensated for may include:
- Repairing or purchasing a new motorcycle
- Emergency room medical care
- Surgical procedures
- Follow-up doctor’s appointments
- Physical therapy
- Follow-up surgical procedures
- Prescription medications, especially for long-term medical issues related to your crash
- Replacement income if you cannot work while recovering from your motorcycle injury
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work due to a permanent disability
- Pain and suffering in certain circumstances
Remember, you didn’t do anything wrong. You shouldn’t have to pay for another driver’s mistakes. Demand the money you deserve. Talk to an attorney right away.
What if I’m blamed for causing the crash?
You might think your motorcycle accident claim will be fairly straightforward, especially if another driver clearly caused your collision. Unfortunately, many drivers deny causing crashes involving motorcyclists. Instead, don’t be surprised if the at-fault driver claims you somehow caused the accident. Worst of all, the other driver’s insurance company will often take their side and do everything they can to deny claim. They do this because they know there’s a bias against motorcyclists – and that such cases often add up to a lot of money.
This is why it’s important to have an experienced lawyer representing you. Your attorney can be your voice for justice and deal directly with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Many insurance companies agree to cooperate and make a fair settlement offer once they see you’re serious about your case. If not, your lawyer can file a lawsuit or take other action on your behalf after your accident.
Make your motorcycle accident matter. Contact our law firm in Anderson.
The stakes are high when it comes to many motorcycle accident claims. Your injury claim could be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more. If you don’t take legal action right away, you could end up having to pay for your accident expenses out of your own pocket.
That’s not right. That’s why we want to help. When you have Vaughan & Vaughan on your side, you can take an aggressive approach right from the start. Instead of the other driver’s insurance company dictating what happens, you can be in charge. We know how to investigate motorcycle accidents and will work tirelessly to find evidence in support of your case. Whether it’s reviewing your official accident report, consulting with accident reconstruction experts or tracking down witnesses, we will leave no stone unturned in pursuit of the truth.
Get the law firm that fights for injured motorcyclists. Contact us and schedule a free consultation at our Anderson office after your motorcycle accident. We’re conveniently located on Columbus Avenue near East 38th Street.