Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident brings overwhelming challenges. Now is the time to gain knowledgeable support. As dedicated Pendleton personal injury lawyers serving Indiana for decades, Vaughan & Vaughan understands the difficulties that arise following such traumatic events.
Our car accident attorneys in Pendleton provide caring, determined advocacy to guide injured clients through insurance, legal and medical issues while pursuing full recovery.
Rather than facing complications alone during recovery, partner with a proven team. From documenting your case to aggressive negotiations, our priority is to ease your burdens while aggressively pursuing justice on your behalf so you can focus fully on healing.
How a Pendleton Car Accident Attorney Can Help You Now
Timeliness is key in an injury claim. An experienced attorney with our firm will promptly begin gathering evidence like police reports, witness statements, medical records, and photos of property damage. This thorough investigatory phase ensures the best possible evidentiary support for your claims down the road.
It’s also important to understand your legal rights and obligations following an accident. Our team provides clear advice on properly handling insurance claims, interacting with adjusters, preserving your right to seek further damages, and meeting all statutory deadlines.
You receive our steadfast commitment to your case from beginning to end. You can have peace of mind knowing your claim is in good hands because our primary goal is to get you the maximum compensation possible under the law.
Dealing With the Insurance Adjuster
Insurance companies exist to make money, and adjusters are specifically trained in tactics to limit payouts and preserve profits. It’s important to be aware of some common pitfalls so you can avoid costly mistakes.
Here are some common mistakes people make when handling insurance claims after a car accident:
- Not seeking immediate medical attention. Insurers may try to argue injuries weren’t from the accident if treatment is delayed.
- Speaking with the other driver’s insurance without a lawyer. Recorded statements can be used against your claim.
- Not keeping thorough accident records. Photos of damage, witness info, and medical bills are crucial evidence. An auto accident lawyer can help you gather these things.
- Signing an early settlement without reviewing details. This will waive future medical claim payments.
- Assuming full liability and signing an affidavit. This could prevent asserting a claim for your own injuries later.
- Delaying claim reporting. Failure to meet the insurer’s notice requirement may jeopardize coverage.
- Failing to research lost wages and benefit claims. Non-economic damages require proper documentation. A Pendleton car accident attorney will conduct a thorough calculation of your losses and damages to help you avoid taking an offer that is too low.
- Not hiring an attorney. Insurers know people aren’t familiar with the law or claims process and may accept low offers to close claims quickly. A lawyer can help you avoid pitfalls and will know how to overcome obstacles.
An experienced car accident attorney can recognize problematic insurer tactics and ensure proper claims handling every step of the way. Our firm negotiates tenaciously for your rights and your compensation.
Evaluating the Damages in Your Case
Many firms make an estimate using the multiplier method. The Pendleton accident injury attorneys with our firm take the time to calculate and document damages to ensure we seek every penny you are entitled to under the law.
Here is what we take into consideration when evaluating the damages in a car accident claim:
Here are some key factors an attorney considers when determining potential damages in a car accident claim:
- Details of the accident: Crashes at higher speeds, multiple vehicles, or a record of traffic violations affect liability and damages.
- Nature and severity of injuries: ER records, surgery, hospitalization, and ongoing treatment plans factor in. In general, a more severe injury warrants a higher level of compensatory damages.
- Medical expenses incurred and future projected costs: Life expectancy impacts long-term needs.
- Lost wages and future earning capacity: We consult with economists to project actual wages/benefits lost based on job, age, and life expectancy.
- Impact on daily life and activities: The loss of normal pursuits like hobbies, exercise, and relationships are weighed.
- Pre-existing medical conditions: The defense or insurance company may argue that prior health issues contributed to your injury, so prior health is scrutinized.
- Jurisdiction and precedent: Damage caps and prior similar case awards can set expectations.
- Strength of evidence supporting claim: Documentation like records, photos, traffic cam video, and witnesses bolster the case.
Based on these key variables, our attorneys plan the story of the most compelling damages, customized to the specifics of the case and the claimants’ situation.
Get Help and Free Case Evaluation
We know it can be hard to figure out what to do after an accident. That’s why our team takes the time to fully explain the legal process, how insurance works, and the choices you have.
By working with Vaughan & Vaughan, you can be sure that your claim will be handled carefully from beginning to end.
Whether in settlement negotiations or court, our lawyers have the experience to compile a comprehensive record of evidence justifying your damages and will pursue your claim aggressively.
Having a competent Pendleton car accident attorney on your side can dramatically impact the outcome of your case. Contact us today to set up a free meeting and gain a valuable ally for your case.