Surviving a T-bone collision at an intersection can cause emotional trauma and serious injuries. Also known as broadside collisions or side-impact accidents, these incidents can put you out of work and leave you with a growing pile of medical bills. Meanwhile, the insurance company may be fighting your claim. Luckily, Vaughan & Vaughan can help you fight back.
Our Indiana car accident lawyers have represented the people of Indiana since 1913. We have the experience necessary to build a strong claim and negotiate a high-value settlement. Contact an Indiana T-bone intersection car accident lawyer from our firm today for a free consultation.
Compensation Available to T-bone Accident Claimants in Indiana
While medical expenses are probably one of your biggest losses, T-bone crashes can cause other financial setbacks and personal challenges. You deserve compensation for all of the losses the accident has caused you.
An Indiana T-bone intersection car accident attorney can meet with you to discuss how the incident has negatively affected you, your work, and your finances. Once your lawyer understands the full extent of your losses, they’ll work hard to recover the following damages:
- Medical costs
- Cost to repair vehicle and property damage
- Lost wages
- Decreased earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Can Stand Up Against Insurers
Accident scenes at intersections and traffic lights can be confusing. When multiple drivers are involved, it can be difficult to prove who caused the accident that resulted in your injury. Insurance companies know this, so they often dispute claims for injuries suffered in T-bone accidents. They may even try to pin the blame on you to avoid paying a fair settlement.
Fortunately, our personal injury lawyers are familiar with insurance adjusters’ dishonest tactics. Our team will present hard evidence, make convincing legal arguments, and demand that the insurance provider offer a payment that covers all your bills and losses.
T-bone Car Accident Injuries We Can File a Claim for
In a T-Bone accident, the front of a vehicle hits the side of another, sometimes at high speed. Drivers and passengers involved in such a collision can be left seriously hurt. Sometimes, the injuries suffered in these types of accidents are fatal.
No matter how minor or serious your injuries are, our team can pursue the compensation you need to pay for medical treatment and replace the wages you miss while you take time off work. A T-bone intersection car accident lawyer in Indiana can seek damages for any of the following injuries:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Head injury
- Spinal injury
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- And more
Filing a Claim for a Loved One’s Fatal Injury
Sadly, some T-bone collision victims suffer fatal injuries. If your family member or spouse has passed away in an accident caused by another driver, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Our wrongful death attorneys can guide you through the legal process and ensure all necessary documents are filed on time.
If you decide to file a lawsuit, you could receive compensation for the following expenses and hardships:
- End-of-life medical bills inherited from the decedent
- Loss of financial support from the decedent
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium, companionship, or guidance
Laws that Can Affect Your Accident Claim
It’s important to be familiar with the laws that govern personal injury cases and lawsuits in Indiana. At Vaughan and Vaughan, we’ve been practicing law in The Hoosier State for over 100 years. You can rest assured that our Indiana T-bone intersection car accident lawyers are closely familiar with all the rules and deadlines involved in filing a claim.
Comparative Fault Law
When it comes to traffic accidents, Indiana follows a comparative fault law. That means you can still file a claim if you were partially at fault for the collision. Ind. Code § 34-51-2-6 explains that you may only receive damages if your percentage of fault is less than that of the other party involved in the incident.
For example, if you were distracted at the time of the accident and were found to be 20% at fault and the other driver was 80% at fault, you can still recover compensation. However, if you were 80& at fault and the other driver was only 20% to blame, you’ll likely be barred from receiving damages.
Our attorneys are aware of the state’s fault laws and can make sure your fault percentage is set correctly. They’ll work hard to obtain as much compensation as possible for your medical care, lost wages, and other expenses.
Indiana’s Filing Deadline
In some cases, you might have to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation. If an attorney advises you to file a suit, you’ll have to do so before the deadline set forth by Indiana’s statute of limitations. According to Ind. Code § 34-11-2-4, you have two years from the collision date to file a lawsuit.
A T-bone intersection car accident attorney in Indiana can work efficiently to meet the filing deadline, but you’ll have to do your part by contacting our firm as soon as you can. You could risk missing the state’s deadline if you wait too long to hire a lawyer.
Our Law Firm Can Build a Strong Claim for You
Building a well-crafted, evidence-based claim is the best defense against dishonest insurers. A lawyer from our firm can investigate your accident to find the physical evidence they need to back up your claim. They’ll review all documentation, including police reports, photos, traffic camera footage, vehicle damage, and more.
Your lawyer can analyze witness statements and work with accident reconstruction experts to understand the collision clearly.
Once we have all the facts, we’ll build the strongest case possible. We’ll include receipts and records documenting all the economic and non-economic losses you’ve taken. Once we finish constructing your claim, we’ll take it to the insurance company and negotiate a settlement that meets your needs.
Our Past Case Results
Our firm has represented the wrongfully injured in insurance negotiations and court trials for over a century. Throughout our careers, we’ve secured numerous high-value settlements and changed the lives of our clients. Visit our case results page to learn more about the impressive verdicts and settlements we’ve delivered in the past.
We can’t guarantee you’ll receive the same amount of financial compensation as our previous clients. Still, we assure you that your Indiana T-bone intersection car accident attorney will put the same level of enthusiasm and effort into your case.
We’re Ready to Fight for You
If you were hurt in a T-bone accident, it’s important to talk to an Indiana T-bone intersection car accident lawyer as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more likely evidence will be lost and the witnesses’ memories will fade. Contact Vaughan and Vaughan today to schedule a free consultation and find out if you’re eligible to file a claim or lawsuit.
Attorney Charles V. Vaughan is certified in civil trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. This certification is only given to experienced and skilled attorneys who have demonstrated expertise in the courtroom and have passed a rigorous testing process. If your case does go to court, we will be ready.